1. What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
2. Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
• Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided. • Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as proprietary cookies. There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be: • Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased). • Persistent cookies: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed: • Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser through tools such as the following: • Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/ 4. Cookies used in www.palospelos.com
The cookies that are being used on this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
- Prestashop-…: cookie used by Prestashop to save information and keep the user’s session open. Allows you to save information such as currency, language, customer identifier…
- cookie_ue: cookie that stores the state once the banner cookies are accepted.
- _ga, _utma, _utmb, _utmc or _utmz: Google Analytics cookies used for tracking
• Accept cookies. / Continue browsing. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session. • To close. If you do not wish to accept cookies from the website www.midominio.es, please exit the page. • Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.midominio.es and modify the configuration of your browser, this information is available in section 3 of this same page, keep in mind that the elimination may or the rejection by the end user of the modification of said cookies affect the operation and browsing experience on the website of www.palospelos.com